Resume

From: Kartik Trivedi (javapro13at_private)
Date: Wed Jan 23 2002 - 15:15:43 PST

    Hi,

    I am looking for a full time job in the security domain. I
    just finished MS (focus on Computer Security) from
    Univ of Southern California - Los Angeles. I am willing
    to relocate without assistance. Currently I am on F1
    Status & posses Employment Authorization for a
    period of 1 year after which I may need sponsorship. I
    can be reached at kartikat_private or 213 248
    1130.My Resume is pasted below.

    Thanks
    Kartik

    Kartik Trivedi
    1247W, #302, 30th Street,
    Los Angeles, CA  90007.
    Phone : 213 248 1130
    Email : kartikat_private

    A position in the field of Computer Networking or
    software development.

                                    Education

    University of Southern California         Graduating in
    Dec ‘01          MS  Computer Science
    Relevant Courses : Computer Communication,
    Broadband Networks Architecture, Issues of
    Programming Languages & design,
    Scalable WWW Services: Issues & Solutions,
    Database Management Systems, Details in
    Penetration Testing,
    Artificial Intelligence I,  Software Engineering I,
    Software Engineering II, Software Management &
    Economics.
    University of Bombay  India                   May ’95
    June ’99             BS  Computer Science

                            Computer & Programming Skills

    Conversant in Solaris, Windows, MAC and Unix
    Environment
    Familiar with and Knowledge of
    * C, C++, Visual C++, Perl, gawk, Lisp, Prolog, Unix,
    Tcl/Tk, Socket Programming.
    * Java, Java Servlets/JSP, EJB, RMI, JavaBeans,
    JINI, ActiveX, XML, Assembly Language.
    * Tomcat, JWS, Apache, HIS, Oracle 8i, mySql, SQL
    Server, MS Project, Rational Rose, Clearcase,
    Access, Flash, UML, etc.
    * Networking : TCP, IP, UDP, BGP, Routing
    protocols, BIND, Samba, NFS, Kerberos, etc
    * Security Concepts: Penetration testing in detail ,
    Scanning, Spoofing, Vulnerability Analysis,
    Backdoors and Rootkits,
      DDOS attacks, NIDS, Honeypots, Kernel internals,
    SSH, etc
    * Frame Relay, ATM, SONET, Wireless Networks.

                                    Academic Projects.

    * Implemented a BGP-Router using C/C++ Unix
    Socket Programming in Comp. Comm. class.
    * Implemented a packet capture engine (like
    tcpdump) using C unix & libpcap libraries.
    * Implemented a Network simulator for Differentiated
    service over TCP using C/C++ in Comp
    Communication class.
    * Implemented a full fledged shopping cart site using
    Perl & then JSP in Web Prog. Class.
    * Completed a Research project titled “Migration of
    active persistent objects over distributed databases”
    using
      Java RMI, Javabeans and JINI in Scalable WWW
    Services class.
    * Detail analysis and study of DDOS attacks, TFN,
    Trin00, various IDS, SNORT and other penetration
    testing tools
      like nmap, Nessus, netcat, dsniff, etc. Tweaking
    done using C/C++.
    * Developed Intelligent agents in Simulated
    Environments, Fuzzy Expert System, Search and
    Game Algorithms in C++/
      Lisp using Reinforcement Learning as a part of AI
    class.

                                    Full Time Work Experience

    Internship         05/01 - 08/01            Information
    Science Division - USC.
    * Designed and implemented a web Image search
    engine. The project consisted of building independent
    modules
      of web crawler, HTML Parser and then integrating
    them together with COTS product called UMLS. Used
    HTML,
      Javascript, Java, JSP and mySql. Installed the
    software on servers running tomcat in linux and
    apache in Windows
      environment.
    Web Programmer/System Admin   06/99-
    05/00             Concept Sol. Ltd. - Bombay
    * The job was to build E-commerce web portals.
    Used Java Servlets, Corba, EJB, JDBC, Oracle 8i
    and OAS.
      Later on worked as a system administrator.
    Managed two internet web servers, installed and
    supported company
      intranet, a heterogeneous network of Windows and
    Linux machines. Written programs (C/C++) and
    scripts(Perl) to
      automate day-to-day operations and improve web
    interaction with customers.

                                    Part Time Work Experience

    Research Assistant (Prof Barry Boehm)   01/01
    12/01  Center of Software Engineering - USC.
    * My job is to implement doc modules in C/C++ and
    integrate it with COCOMO II suite (deals with
    estimation of cost,
      effort, and schedule on prospective software
    development project).