seeking a position in information security

From: SRIKANTH KANTIPUDI (kscdat_private)
Date: Fri Jan 25 2002 - 12:46:25 PST

    Hi,

    I am looking for a full-time or a contracting position that would fit my
    skillset. For the past one and a half years, I worked as a Security Engineer
    at Strategy.com, a subsidiary of Vienna based company MicroStrategy.

    As a security engineer I:

    - Worked with TruSecure and obtained TruSecure certification for
    Strategy.com.
    - Developed and audited the compliance of anti-virus, auditing, data
    protection, firewall and password policies.
    - Involved in the architecture design, development and implementation (DMZ,
    Protected, Private Zones) of Strategy.com production network.
    - Recommended and regularly audited the security requirements for networking
    devices -- firewall, routers, switches and arrow point.
    - Reviewed, implemented and audited the Windows 2000, NT and IIS lockdown
    programs on Strategy.com systems.
    - Developed and audited the security requirements in the full life cycle
    deployment of operational systems (e.g., Concord, CA UniCenter, NetIQ).
    - Conducted risk assessments to identify and mitigate vulnerabilities when
    introducing system upgrades and deploying new applications.
    - Worked as part of a team and developed, implemented and audit plan to
    facilitate audits of Strategy.com systems, networks and human factors.
    - Set up a test network identical to Strategy.com’s production network with
    routers, switches, firewall and arrow point to facilitate testing prior to
    deployments on the production network.

    I have worked with many of the security auditing tools like CyberCop, ISS,
    Retina, Nessus and packet sniffing tools like sniffer basic. I have also
    done some development work in C++ and VB.

    Please feel free to contact me at kscdat_private or on 703-941-0923 if you
    would like more information.
    I look forward to hearing from you.

    Thanks,
    Srikanth.