Re: no contact

From: Richard Nakano (richardat_private)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 09:26:37 PST

    Hello All,

    As a recruiter, I can tell you that many factors go into connecting with
    applicants who send in resumes. We are a small staffing company and right
    now we are receiveing hundreds of resumes each day. Unfortunately we are
    not able to always get to every one of them.  We have to prioritize which
    resumes we review and whom we are able to respond to each day based on
    which requirements are the hottest each day.  Here are a few things that I,
    personally find makes it easier for me to review all of the relevant
    resumes.

    First, please identify which specific position you are applying for in the
    subject of the e-mail.  This can be by specific job number or by job title
    or type.  Always write in a little bit of a cover at least that tells a
    little bit about yourself and the type of position you are looking to find.
    Such as"Network Security Engineer with 10 years of experience with .. ... .
    . . .   "  This will help the recruiter determine if you are a fit for the
    hot roles they are working on at the time. This may mean that they will
    pass on looking at your resume right when they receive it but will better
    allow them to go back to you when they are working on that specific role.

    Also, remember that recruiters, both internal and external are at the mercy
    of the hiring manager they are working with.  There are many times we get
    openings from a manager and start working on them, only to have the manager
    come back in a few days and say "hold off" for a little while as they are
    going to re-org, or look at their budget or that the bean counters said
    that they need to look at someone who is an internal referral first.  In
    these cases, we will generally keep positions posted in the hopes that we
    will be able to work on this again in a few days with the manager, but have
    to put it on the back burner for a few days.

    If a specific position interests you, I suggest, as Peter said, to follow
    up your resume submittal with a phone call.  Find out for yourself why you
    have not been contacted.  It may also be that the company does not have the
    resources to update its web postings all of the time and some positions may
    have been filled but due to personnel constraints they are not able to
    update everything right away.

    I don't mean for this to sound like HR personnel and recruiters are lazy,
    but in times like this, you need to help the recruiter a little bit in
    order to increase your chances of being seen. With so many people looking
    for work, there are just not enough hours in the day to get back to
    everyone.

    Hope this helps,

    Richard Nakano
    TecNet Contract Services