Moving to Australia, lookng for some advice

From: hush puppy (wlc26at_private)
Date: Tue Mar 05 2002 - 10:40:35 PST

    Hi all,

    I lost my job couple of months ago and it seems that here (in Ireland) just
    there are no information security jobs anymore. (I consider myself
    overqualified for phone support or admin jobs...) I have applied for the
    Australian PR, the embassy wrote me back quoting a 3 months processing time,
    after which I am supposed to get it, so I will be able to live and work
    there (if I do not find anything interesting here)

    Any advice on job market? Should I try to find a job from overseas before
    performing the actual move (I do not have any friends/relatives there,
    heading for Sydney)? Will any agencies be interested in me at this stage? My
    skills highlight is below:

    •	Firewalls – Checkpoint on NT and Solaris, Cisco PIX, Gauntlet, eTrust
    Firewall.
    •	Network intrusion detection systems – ISS RealSecure, Snort, Cisco
    Netranger, also some NFR experience.
    •	Operating systems security – Solaris, Linux, Windows NT4, Windows 2000.
    •	Managed security services development, BS7799 experience
    •	Security policy development and implementation, user awareness planning
    and training. E-commerce security (from application security to incident
    response).
    •	Network security auditing, penetration testing experience.
    •	Hands-on experience in a wide range of vulnerability scanning tools – from
    ISS Internet Scanner and Cisco Secure scanner to nmap and nessus.
    •	Cisco routers configuration and security, load-balancing solutions (Cisco
    LocalDirector and CSS content switches), cache solutions (Cacheflow)
    •	Various MS products security – MS Office, MS Exchange. Antivirus software
    deployment for these platforms.
    •	SQL, Oracle, Python, Perl experience, Unix shell scripting

    Certifications:

    CISSP – Certified Information Systems Security Professional
    CCSE – Certified Checkpoint Security Expert
    CCSA – Certified Checkpoint Security Administrator

    Co-authored a book on Checkpoint NG CCSA certification recently (got cover
    credits for it), it will be out in April.

    regards,
    W.