Student Summer Intern

From: Ryan (SpanglerRP22at_private)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 09:33:55 PST

    Hello Everyone,

    I'm looking for a summer internship in a high tech and dynamic work
    environment where I can further develop my knowledge and experience in
    the network and information security field.

    I would like to gain more experience and develop my skills for my future
    career in information security, especially in working with Intrusion
    Detection Systems, Firewalls, Unix/Linux/BSD, Penetration
    Testing/Auditing, and all of the other aspects out there.  I would
    prefer to work with Linux/OpenBSD(open source) technologies, but any
    Unix would be all right.  I would also like to relocate for the summer.

    My resume is available in pdf and doc format at the following address:
    http://students.uww.edu/spanglerrp22/about.html (also see below in plain
    text).

    Thanks,

    --
    Ryan Spangler
    428 N Harmony Ln, Apt. 3

    RYAN P. SPANGLER

    428 N Harmony Ln, Apt. 3
    Whitewater, WI 53190
    Phone: (262) 473-8392
    SpanglerRP22at_private

    OBJECTIVE
    To obtain a summer internship in a high tech and dynamic work
    environment where I can further develop my knowledge and experience in
    the Network and Information security fields.

    EDUCATION
    University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
    Projected Graduation: January 2003
    Bachelor of Business Administration Degree - Computer End-User
    Technologies

    WORK EXPERIENCE
      Web Developer
      Oct. 01 - Present
      Department of Mathematics, Whitewater, WI
        * Redesigning the department site to be database driven
        * Created and developed web pages using PHP and MySQL
        * Set up a development web server for testing purposes
        * Set up and configured HTTP, SSH, and DNS services
        * Work closely with many faculty members

    PROJECTS
      Firewall Project
      Sept. 01 - Present
        * Set up an OpenBSD firewall to provide protection to my home LAN
        * Set up and maintain DHCP, SSH, and NTP services

      Technical Writer
      Jan. 02 - Present
      Department of Computer & Network Administration, Whitewater, WI
        * Creating a set of training documents on how to install and use
    Linux    * Working closely with faculty on revision process

    COMPUTER SKILLS
      Certifications
        * Network+ (2001), A+ (2001), and currently working towards the CCNA

      System and Network Security
        * Audit systems for open services using Nmap
        * Use of Nessus to aid in the detection of system vulnerabilities

      System Administration
        * User account setup, permissions, shell scripting, and
            configuring of system services
        * Installation and configuration of software

      Networking Systems
        * Cisco IOS 11.3, Cisco Routers and Switches

      Operating Systems
        * Linux (Red Hat, Slackware), OpenBSD, Microsoft Windows 9x/NT/2000

    STUDENT/PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
      Association of Information Technology Professionals (AITP)
        * Gold member status
        * Member of the Internet Communications Team
      The Advanced Computing Systems Association (USENIX)

    References Available Upon Request