Seeking a SR Information Security Engineer

From: Kate Nourse (knourseat_private)
Date: Wed Apr 17 2002 - 12:40:17 PDT

    We are looking for an energetic, upbeat, and
    motivated individual with strong interpersonal skills to
    handle many aspects of server and application
    security within Hotwire.  This individual will play an
    active role within a small team, dedicated to
    information confidentiality, integrity and availability.

    Essential Responsibilities include, but not limited to:

    - Responsible for establishing guidelines and
    procedures for database and Java application
    development security.
    - Performing threat assessments and safeguard
    cost/benefit analysis.
    - Developing guidelines and procedures for Windows
    2000/NT security.
    - Auditing for compliance with security procedures
    and policies.
    - Work with Law Enforcement as needed.
    - Providing backup support for Network Security
    Systems including Firewalls, Network Intrusion
    Detection Systems, and Strong Authentication
    systems.

    Candidates must have:

    - Candidate must have at least 7 years of IT
    experience (4 of which need be hands on experience
    in information security).
    - Strong middleware, application and database
    security experience required, Oracle preferred.
    - Strong Windows NT/2000 OS host based security
    experience required.
    - Light to moderate Unix security experience
    preferred, willingness to learn Solaris 8 host
    hardening required.
    - Thorough knowledge of the seven layers of the OSI
    model.
    - Solid understanding of ARP, DNS, SMTP, SSL,
    HTTP and layer 7 vulnerabilities are essential.
    - Thorough knowledge of Java application
    development security best practices.
    - PKI, or minimally, strong public key authentication
    experience in a Java application development
    environment is a strong plus.
    - Understanding of the four levels of the FIPS 140-1
    standard.
    - Light to moderate experience with NIDS/HIDS
    systems, maintenance, and reporting.  Cisco and
    Sun/Solaris experience.
    - Light to moderate experience in Network Security
    and with firewalls in a 24x7 production environment.
    - Experience working with 3rd party vendors,
    auditors, and consultants.
    - CISSP certification is a strong plus.
    - Strong written and verbal communication skills
    required.  Customer facing industry experience is a
    plus.

    BS degree is desired.

    Hotwire, an equal opportunity employer, offers an
    exciting opportunity for qualified career-motivated
    professionals.  We provide competitive
    compensation, performance bonus, stock options,
    and the chance to work with talented people in a
    winning, successful, and pleasant environment.  We
    offer many premium benefits including 401(k), dental,
    medical, vision, prescription drug benefits, life
    insurance and much more.

    Interested candidates who fit the description are
    encouraged to forward a resume (cut & paste in the
    body of the email) to knourseat_private For
    information regarding other job opportunities please
    visit:
    http://www.hotjobs.com/cgi-bin/company-job-list?
    G__GID=17297

    No Phone Calls Please

    No Agencies or Recruiters

    Information about Hotwire:

    Hotwire launched in October 2000 to a shotgun start
    becoming a top-five Internet travel site in just five
    months.  In fact, according to Nielsen Net Ratings,
    Hotwire was the fastest-growing domain on the
    Internet in May 2001.  How did it happen?  A great
    idea, great partners and a solid business model to
    make it work.

    Hotwire is an online travel site founded in part by six
    major airlines: American, America West, Continental,
    Northwest, United and US Airways.  Our mission?
    Help airlines, hotels and rental car companies sell
    unsold inventory in a consumer-friendly manner, and
    help travelers save a lot of money in the process.
    Hotwire is privately held, and was founded in January
    2000 with $75 million in initial funding by the Texas
    Pacific Group and our six founding airlines.
    Currently, Hotwire is partnered with 28 major airlines,
    1500+ hotels and several top rental car companies.
    In our first six months, we launched domestic air,
    international air, hotel and rental car products.  To
    date, we have several million registered users, and
    our ticket, room and car sales are growing by the
    day.