Updated posting for Chicago-based Unix Network Security Engineer !

From: Triageat_private
Date: Wed May 22 2002 - 09:42:31 PDT

    This posting for our Chicago-based eCommerce client (well-
    funded 180+ employees and growing with 7 figure, profitable
    revenue stream) has been updated based on feedback from the
    client to candidates we've presented:

    Unix Network Security Engineer with extensive hands-on
    Router Configuration experience.

    Even if this opportunity is not a fit for your
    qualifications or of personal interest to you, we would
    greatly appreciate, and are happy to recognize as
    appropriate, any referrals leading to a successful
    candidate.
    POSITION Unix Network Security Engineer Years Exp 5 - 15
    position ID# 01047706
    LOCATION Chicago, IL (LOCAL candidates only, NO relocation)
    COMPENSATION: includes base salary of $85 - $105k depending
    on experience plus bonus, benefits, etc.
    OVERVIEW:
    Our client seeks an experienced Unix network security
    engineer security to manage their day-to-day network
    infrastructure and plan for future network expansion.
    Our client is a well-funded eCommerce firm with a growing
    revenue stream and 180 employees.  Based in downtown
    Chicago, easily accessible by train (the El"), the client
    offers a casual work environment for those very technical
    professionals who like working with the best.
    REQUIREMENTS:
    (IF YOUR RESUME DOES NOT SPECIFICALLY SPEAK TO ANY OF THE *
    REQUIREMENTS * BELOW, PLEASE ANNOTATE IT AS APPROPRIATE
    BEFORE RESPONDING.)
    The successful candidate will have
    * 5-10 years of hands on LAN/WAN/Frame Relay experience,
    including
    * successfully configured hundreds of Cisco (etc.) routers
    in a high volume Internet-based transaction processing
    environment.
    * This is much bigger than a network security
    administration position, candidates must have
    * heavy duty Unix Internet experience (not NT), as well as
    * Extensive experience implementing and configuring
    Checkpoint Firewall-1 and Cisco PIX * Substantial
    experience with cross-platforms e.g. Solaris, Linux,
    OpenBSD.
    * Experience with inner workings of all devices connected
    to firewalls (VLANs, switches, routers, bridge-based load
    balancers, IP-based load balancers, etc.)
    * Experience with root cause analysis & forensic follow up
    relative to addressing a customer issue.
    * Increasing track record of progressive security skills,
    experience and responsibilities
    * Demonstrated adaptation to the rapidly changing security
    technology and application landscape
    * Documented experience implementing and maintaining local
    area networks, and their connections to internet
    application servers.
    * Successful examples of working collaboratively with
    systems staff and project managers to obtain information on
    limitations and capabilities of existing network.
    * Successful examples of situations in which analyzed
    information to determine, recommend, and plan optimum
    layout for the network or modifications to the existing
    network infrastructure, e.g. that provided requisite
    capability for proposed projects, work loads, efficient
    operations, and effective use of allotted space.
    * Verifiable experience engineering hardware, software, and
    network systems to provide secure high performance
    connectivity for internet services.
    * Substantive frame-relay network experience and
    configuration for wide area network solutions to connect
    distributed systems.
    OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
    REQUIRED:
    5-10 years hands-on experience in network engineering
    (LAN/WAN, Frame Relay, core switch architecture) REQUIRED
    Experience with networking in a multi-vendor UNIX
    environment REQUIRED.
    Prior experience with Checkpoint Firewall-1 and Cisco Pix
    REQUIRED
    Easily referenceable work history of excellent
    interpersonal and communication skills - REQUIRED
    Readily verifiable work history of strong organizational
    skills with the ability to multi-task - REQUIRED
    PREFERRED:
    Experience with web and network load balancing preferred.
    Experience in fast-paced environment i.e. start-up or
    Internet experience a plus.
    REQUIRED Skills:  Cisco, Unix, Solaris, Linux, OpenBSD,
    Computer Security, Network Security, firewall, frame relay,
    LANs, WANs, Network Engineering, Internet Networking,
    Internet Security
    REQUIRED Industries COMPUTER, INTERNET, SOFTWARE
    REQUIRED Education: BS, masters preferred

    APPLICANTS: Please note, we can only respond to those
    candidates who meet ALL of our client's requirements above
    AND include their most recent / current compensation (base
    AND bonus), when forwarding their resume to us at
    Triageat_private  Only candidates with a current, successful
    track record in network security engineering in a Unix
    environment, who provide recent comp history will be
    considered. The candidate can be located anywhere in and
    around the Chicago area.   We are a retained executive
    search firm; we treat all information provided to us by our
    current / prospective clients and candidates as proprietary
    and confidential -- no information we receive will be
    shared without your explicit, prior agreement.

    REFERRALS: Please advise us, or ask the individual to refer
    back to you, should you forward this position overview.  We
    are delighted to recognize successful introductions as
    appropriate.   Should you wish to refer someone in
    confidence, please advise us accordingly (not to use your
    name as the source of the contact information you
    provide).  We'll keep you informed of any progress.
    For more information about our firm, please see our
    website, www.Triage-Search.com.

    NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE ... we will call you to arrange a
    phone interview with the client where appropriate...