WireX Support Engineer

From: Crispin Cowan (crispinat_private)
Date: Mon May 20 2002 - 15:59:23 PDT

    WireX is recruiting for a support engineer. This is a separate position
    from the job I posted last week. Replies to jobsat_private
    <mailto:jobsat_private> please, as this is not my personal recruit.

    NOTE: we do not have budget for relocation for this position, so you
    need to be in the Portland Oregon area, or willing to get yourself here.

    ABSOLUTELY no contractors, agencies, outsourcing services, or head
    hunters. I forward them to spamcop.net [:)] Only real humans who are
    personally willing to work full time are welcome to apply.

    Crispin
    WireX Communications, Inc. is a leader in Linux security and secure
    server management solutions . WireX's core product Immunix ^(TM) is a
    family of products and technologies that facilitates web-based delivery
    of secure applications and services integrated with a highly secure
    Linux operating system.

    We are growing as a result of continued technology breakthroughs,
    innovative products and strategic focus. Our mission is to become the
    standard operating environment for secure Linux servers.

    We currently have an opening for an experienced and highly motivated
    Software Support Engineer in our downtown Portland, OR office. Salary is
    commensurate with experience.

    Responsibilities

    * Telephone and email technical support for WireX product line
    * Interfacing with end-customers as well as third-party hardware and
    software vendors on support issues
    * Debugging and solving problems and documenting results
    * Writing and contributing to application notes, data sheets, product
    briefs and design guides

    Qualifications
    This position requires a BS in CS or related field and prior
    professional software engineering experience; we value "hack ability."
    You must also possess:

    * Excellent communication and collaboration skills
    * Knowledge of Linux system administration helpful
    * Perl experience

    * Experience with apache, courier, bind and samba applications helpful
    * Knowledge of Java useful
    * Knowledge of Unix and Internet security helpful
    * Networking in Unix
    * Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
    * A team player attitude
    * Strong diagnostic, troubleshooting and problem solving skills

    You may apply by e-mailing your resume to us at jobsat_private
    <mailto:jobsat_private> , by faxing it to us at (503) 241-5682, or by
    mailing it to us at 920 SW Third Ave., Suite 100, Portland, OR 97204.

    WireX Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
    Visit our website at http://www.wirex.com

    --
    Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.