ADMINISTRIVIA

From: Alfred Huger (ahat_private)
Date: Tue May 28 2002 - 10:45:37 PDT

    Hey folks,

    Just a few quick notes about the list to keep in mind when you are
    posting.

    1. If you're posting a resume please do not ever, ever, ever post it with
    a word document. The system will drop them out of hand.

    2. When posting your resume I suggest you have an address which is a throw
    away. Spam harvesters can be a nuisance for all of us and they tend to
    grab data off our lists frequently.

    3. When you have security clearances listed in either a resume or a job
    offering please be circumspect about the locations where you have an
    opening for (for people offering jobs) or where you held the clearances
    (in the case of people posting resumes). This sounds a touch paranoid
    but there is good reason for this caution, several intelligence agencies
    monitor this list actively.

    4. Lastly and most importantly, if you are a female poster. Please under
    no circumstances post your phone number, address or regular email address.
    There was recently a case of a user being harrassed and I think we would
    all like to avoid this. Remember - the Internet is a sick, ugly place.

    -al

    VP Engineering
    SecurityFocus
    "Vae Victis"