Product Manager - Security Software

From: Jeff Combs (altaassociates6at_private)
Date: Mon Jun 03 2002 - 07:05:45 PDT

    Product Marketing Manager – Security Software
    Southern California – relocation assistance offered
    95K to $110K base + bonus

    My client is a market share leader in their space and they’ve just come
    out with an exciting new version of their core product.  The new product
    version is opening a range of new markets and opportunities for the
    company.  There is a great deal of excitement and interest in the new
    product from Fortune clients.

    I need a polished and experienced security product-marketing manager.
    This person needs to have a track record of working with and positioning
    security software products.   The core responsibilities include but are
    not limited to: product positioning, marketing strategy, public
    speaking/evangelizing, working with development teams to enhance
    product, and acting as point of contact/SME for enterprise clients.

    A real “roll up your shirtsleeves” start-up Product Marketing Manager
    role.

    MUST HAVES

    Focused security product management experience
    Professional caliber writing skills
    Polished presentation and public speaking skills
    A valid and deep technical background with focused security experience
    A professional appearance

    If you are qualified and interested I’d love to talk.  Because the
    requirements are so stringent, the client is willing to relocate the
    right person.

    If you work with PMs but they are too busy to read this list (as most
    are), please pass my message along.

    Thanks much,

    Jeff

    --