intern position wanted

From: zigi22314at_private
Date: Mon Jun 03 2002 - 10:01:58 PDT

    Hi all,

    I am currently seeking an intern position in the Northern East Coast area,
    however if the company would provide some room accommodations, I could be
    available inside the US or the West Coast.  I will provide a full resume
    upon request.

    I am not a currently graduating student (I finished my Masters Degree
    [Magna cum laude] some time ago) but I am willing to work for free (or for
    the cost of room accommodations [nothing fancy, just basics]) because I
    wanted to acquire hands on experience in the Internet security field.
    Please read the following short description of my recent activities and
    consider my help in your new projects.  You can have someone with my
    skills for the price of an intern.  I am very enthusiastic, and a hard
    working person.

    I can be available for the internship in July and/or August.

    FEW WORDS ABOUT ME

    In the recent years, I decided to transfer my interests into mathematics
    and computer science -- my strong personal interests from the beginning.
    For the last 10 months, I have been working on my own little Internet
    security projects, focusing on encryption algorithms.  However, personally
    I have been involved in prime numbers and factorization for the last six
    months.

    My fascination in prime numbers factorization was increased after a
    careful study of historical materials, especially those related to
    Fermat's discoveries.  I was intrigued by Fermat's ability to solve
    Mersenne's challenges to factor sizable composite integers. (See Fermat
    letters to Mersenne, for example dated from Toulouse, April 7, 1643.)
    According to Edouard Lucas Fermat knew a very powerful method of factoring
    integers, but the method was lost after he died.  Lucas also believed that
    most of the Fermat's methods were probably rediscovered, by the time Lucas
    was writing his "Recreations Mathematiques" in 1891.  The "most"
    and "probably" were my motivations.  Despite the fact that I consider
    myself versatile in C/C++ and JAVA, I decided to use only a calculator,
    and ... an abacus while thinking about Fermat's methods.  I was planning
    to replicate a thinking environment, which would not rely on the speed of
    a computer, only.  I wanted to see Fermat's motivations.

    In the beginning of 1990's, Hans Riesel describes in his book "Prime
    Numbers & Computer Methods for Factorization" that there could be a way to
    find a method, which would help to factor very large composite numbers,
    products of large prime numbers in a new way that would be less dependent
    on the size of such number.  I tent to agree with his statement.

    After six months of working on this project I believe I am close to
    certain results.  The reason I am saying this is that I found an
    interesting square root algorithm, which is very little dependent on the
    size of an integer.  There is practically seconds' difference in
    computation of 200 digits versus 1000 digit number.  Furthermore, I have
    only used C language for testing, so far, no assembler code, and my laptop
    is running Windows with all kinds of services present.  I created my
    own "large integer" type environment.  I have my own multiplication,
    division, addition, subtraction, and square root functions.  I have also
    some custom functions.