Information Security Professional

From: William Moyer (wmoyer99at_private)
Date: Sat Jun 29 2002 - 15:52:06 PDT

My Fellow Security Professionals,

As a truly versatile Information Security Professional, I have been involved
with various facets of the IT field; my many accomplishments include the
following.

  -Development of Information Security-related policies, standards, and
procedures.
  -Implementation of various security technologies such as firewalls,
authentication servers, intrusion sensors, and operating systems security
configurations.
  -Design and project management of security operations centers.
  -Market analysis of security service providers.
  -Project Plan development and management
  -Statement of Work generation
  -Professional Services pre-sales assistance
  -Secure network and systems design and deployment.
  -Presentation of security concepts and status to large audiences
  -Intrusion analysis and response

Benefits of my accomplishments include the following.

  -Increased awareness of security threats and mitigation techniques
  -Decreased vulnerability to security threats.
  -More efficient and effective execution of security-related processes and
procedures

I am currently studying for my CISSP certification and look forward to
obtaining employment at a firm where my experience in Information Security
will prove mutually beneficial for my employer and myself.

Please let me know if you have any employment opportunities that meet my
skills in addition to the position that I am applying for.

Please note that my resume' can also be found online at....

http://resumes.dice.com/wmoyer01
And
http://resumes.yahoo.com/socops2002/billmoyer

Kind Regards,

Résumé
William R. Moyer
1524 South Haven Drive
Clearwater, FL 33764
PH: 727/539-7307
Email: wmoyer99at_private

Objective
To obtain a meaningful and challenging position that enables me utilize and
expand my security and managerial experience in the IT industry.

Professional Experience

December 1997 to June 2002, Paradigm Technology Partners. (formerly LANcomp,
Netera, and esävio)
Principal Security Engineer
ˇ	Provided sales representation, proposal generation, project management,
and implementation services for products and services to large to mid
corporations in the areas of Information Security, Business Security
Process Reengineering, and Network and Server Integration.
ˇ	Presented at security seminars that described the current state of
information security and promoted the use  of essential security practices.
ˇ	Developed and implemented detailed security standards, policies, and
operations processes and procedures for Security Operations Centers (SOC)
for both PTP Managed Services Center and a major Hispanic telecommunications
company, resulting in a secure and efficient security operations center.
ˇ	Developed and installed Secure Information Technology solutions for Large
to mid-sized corporations such as Firewalls, Intrusion Sensors, and Secure
Authentication Solutions.  Tested and evaluated existing Information
technology Security Applications and Configurations to ensure policy
compliance.
ˇ	Performed security assessments to identify policy and procedure
inefficiencies, and risks and vulnerabilities associated with networks,
applications and operating systems, resulting in increased security and
accountability for clients.
ˇ	Performed a Detailed analysis of Managed Security Services providers.
This resulted in a streamlined managed security services offering.
ˇ	Developed Marketing Collateral associated with Managed Security Services.
ˇ	Developed Security monitoring agent configurations and deployed a Security
Incident Management platform for the analysis of client security incidents.
ˇ	Developed solutions to address vulnerabilities uncovered during a security
review process.
ˇ	Developed and presented security-related findings reports for company
executives.  And implemented Acton plans to mitigate security-related
exposures.
ˇ	Developed procedures and trained staff to incorporate the administration
of security platforms (e.g. ACE Server, CheckPoint Firewall-1, and eSecurity
eSentinel).
ˇ	Developed a SecureID rollout implementation for a large University.  This
included creation of process for issuing tokens, testing laptops, sign on
procedures, automated data import process from a TAC/ACS security database,
and training.  Resulted in more efficient AAA processes and accountability
for the client.
ˇ	Designed and installed perimeter defense solutions for small to large
corporations.
ˇ	Provided online surveillance for clients to monitor network traffic for
unauthorized or malicious attempts to access or otherwise deny service to
public, semi-private and private computer systems.
ˇ	Analyzed and responded to actual hacking attempts from malicious and
benign network users to prevent damage to private and semi-private computer
systems and network components.

September 1992 to November 1997, U. S. Meltek, Inc.
Manager of Domestic Sales
ˇ	Providing sales support for Meltek's fibre channel disk storage products,
Ancor Communications' fibre channel networking products and other
performance and capacity enhancements for Sun Microsystems' workstations and
servers.

Account Manager
ˇ	Provided sales and product support for multi-vendor 3rd party maintenance
organizations such as Kodak Parts Services, TRW Financial Services,
Northrop-Grumman, Lockheed-Martin and Digital Equipment Corporation.
Lead Technician
ˇ	Supervised test and repair technicians while providing quality assurance
and scheduling of repair projects for disk storage devices and components of
Sun Microsystems workstations and servers.
        Test and Repair Technician
ˇ	Tested and repaired hard disk storage devices.

September 1986 to August 1992 US Navy, Fire Controlman 1st Class
ˇ	Managed a 30 personnel workgroup to complete computer/RADAR system
rollout, maintenance, and repair, which resulted in more efficient operation
of computer/RADAR operation and maintenance.
ˇ	Search Radar/Automated Carrier Landing Systems Workgroup Supervisor
onboard the USS Kittyhawk (CV-63). Duties included supervising and managing
the completion of all periodic and corrective maintenance for two navigation
systems, two air search radar systems, and four carrier landing systems with
data up-links and AN/SYS-2(V)4 Integrated Automated Detection and Tracking
System.
ˇ	Responsible for supervision of installation, periodic maintenance, and
corrective maintenance of AN/SPS-48E, AN/SPS49(V)5, AN/SYS-2(V) 4, and
AN/SPS-64(V)9 onboard USS Kittyhawk (CV-63).
ˇ	Responsible for periodic and corrective maintenance of MK 37 Naval Gun
Fire Control System #3 and AN/SPA-25G Target Designation Systems onboard USS
Wisconsin (BB-64).

MILITARY ADVANCEMENT HISTORY
November 1986	E-3 (Seaman)
September 1987	E-4 (Petty Officer 3rd Class) FC3
January 1989	E-5 (Petty Officer 2nd Class) FC2
December 1991	E-6 (Petty Officer 1st Class) FC1

EDUCATION

ˇ	SANS Intrusion Detection In-depth
ˇ	Security Dynamics Secure World Training for Ace Server
ˇ	CheckPoint Firewall-1 Administration Certification Course
ˇ	CheckPoint Firewall-1 Engineer Certification Course
ˇ	Nokia Certified Security Administrator Course
ˇ	Cisco Systems Sales Pro Product Certification Course
ˇ	Sun Microsystems Enterprise Product Training Course
ˇ	Sun Microsystems Work Group Product Training Course
ˇ	Ancor Communications Fibre Channel Networking product and technical
training.
ˇ	Naval Leadership Training Course (NAVLEAD)
ˇ	Bethlehem Area Vocational-Technical School Computer Technology Course
studying
      the following programming languages:
        BASIC
        FORTRAN
        COBOL
        PASCAL

Skills and Certifications
My skills include technical and policy security assessments, IT security
surveillance, perimeter defense evaluation and design, and security related
trouble analysis and problem resolution.  The following table lists
supporting skills.

Skills
ˇ	Project Management
	MS Project
ˇ	Operating Systems
	Windows NT
	Windows 2000
	Windows 3.1, 3.11, 95, and 98
	UNIX (Solaris 2.x)
	UNIX (SunOS 4.x)
	UNIX (general)
	Cisco IOS
ˇ	Applications
	ISS Internet Scanner
	ISS RealSecure IDS
	Cisco Secure IDS
	Nokia Firewall Appliance
	Check Point Firewall-1
	Check Point Provider-1
	eSecurity e-Sentinel
	Cisco Secure Policy Manager
	NAI CyberCop Scanner
	NMAP Port Scanner
ˇ	Networking Protocols
	NetBios
	TCP/IP
ˇ	Programming Languages
	Fortran 77
	COBOL
	Perl 5
	Pascal
ˇ	Certifications/ Clearances
	CheckPoint Certified Systems Administrator (CCSA)
	CheckPoint Certified Systems Engineer (CCSE)
	Netscreen Firewall Administration
	RSA Security Secure World Certification (Ace Server, SecurID)
	Nokia Certified Security Administrator
	SANS Intrusion Detection Immersion Curriculum
	Cisco Sales Pro Certification
	Sun Microsystems Competency 2000 Enterprise
	U.S. Navy Operational Security (OPSEC) training
	U.S. Navy Secret clearance (Administratively Inactive)

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail transmission, and any documents,
files or previous e-mail messages attached to it may contain
confidential information that is legally privileged.  If you are not
the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of any of the information contained in
or attached to this transmission is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.  If you have
received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender.
Please destroy the original transmission and its attachments without reading
or saving in any manner.