seeking bay area employment

From: Max Vision (visionat_private)
Date: Tue Jul 02 2002 - 11:21:01 PDT

                   Max Vision [security expert, problem solver]
                       205 Mac Arthur Blvd, Oakland CA 94610
                Phone/Fax (510)496-6035, Email visionat_private

    OBJECTIVE

      I am currently looking for immediate full time work with a Bay Area
      company that could use a dedicated network security guru.

    ABOUT ME

      I am efficient, focused, and pay close attention to detail.  I enjoy
      helping others, and at the same time am not afraid to ask questions.
      I live and breathe network security.

    SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS

    My core expertise is in network penetration testing and intrusion
      detection; however I am also skilled in network and firewall
      configuration, Unix system administration, web administration,
      technical writing, and digital forensics.
    Architectures/Operating Systems: I have experience with most flavors of
      Unix, including Solaris, Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, BSDi, HPUX, IRIX,
      and all versions of Windows including NT/2000/XP.
    Security Tools: I have used most popular commercial and open source
      security software.
    Special Projects: I created the Whitehats website
      (http://whitehats.com/) as a resource for other network security
      professionals.  I authored the arachNIDS intrusion event signature
      database (http://whitehats.com/ids/) that is used by thousands of
      users and administrators to detect attacks against their networks. I
      have contributed to the development of Nessus as well as the Snort
      IDS.  I am one of the founding members of the Honeynet Project, a
      security research group that focuses on digital forensics through the
      use of honeypots and other security tools.

    EXPERIENCE

    Network Penetration Analyst, Max Vision Network Security (Berkeley, CA)
      Developed a profitable consulting practice meeting the security needs
      of Internet giants by providing penetration testing services.
      Authored proprietary security assessment software for discovering
      network resources, generating proposals and conducting audits using
      the latest hacking techniques including zero day exploits.
      Maintained an industry exclusive quality standard that guaranteed
      thorough analysis for every customer.
    Exploit Developer, Entercept Security Technologies (San Jose, CA)
      Researched and developed exploit test cases for the Solaris version
      of the Entercept intrusion prevention software.  Provided detailed
      documentation and wrote source code to demonstrate vulnerabilities
      where necessary.
    Network Security Architect, Globalstar L.P. (San Jose, CA)
      Deployed and managed Checkpoint FW-1 firewalls.  Implemented VPN and
      PKI elements of an extranet solution that tied corporate partners
      together online.  Conducted security assessments and a review of
      corporate security policies.
    Senior Penetration Engineer, MCR (San Francisco, CA)
      Performed penetration testing of client networks with a 100%
      penetration rate.
    Unix System Administrator, Mpath Interactive (Mountain View, CA)
      Maintained Solaris servers in a distributed environment.  Authored
      network and log monitoring tools to increase efficiency.
    Network Configuration Technician, IBM (Seattle, WA)
    Technical Support Technician, Spry Internet (Bellevue, WA)
    Technical Support Technician, Traveling Software (Bothel, WA)
    Technician, HiTech Systems, Inc. (Boise, ID)