Re: Status Of The IT Talent Pool

From: Paul Hosking (phoskingat_private)
Date: Tue Jul 16 2002 - 16:52:03 PDT

    On Tue, 2002-07-16 at 16:33, Meritt James wrote:
    > Hay dudes - I didn't write the article!  See the last line "Read more
    > online: Knowledge At Wharton,7/15/02"?

    Poor James - let loose a flaming maelstrom. :)

    If memory serves me right, a very similar report was noted on this list
    last year (I seem to remember the ITAA and H-1B visas were also
    featured).  It sounded really upbeat... infosec was the place to find IT
    work!  Then came the flood of replies that had a similar theme: where's
    the jobs?  It was such a flood that our list moderator ended up
    announcing that the subject was closed and posting a nice summery of the
    comments being made.

    I would have to agree.  My own experience has largely been people who
    are interested in my skill set - but just not quite ready to actually
    hire.  At least not just yet.  Maybe in a few months.  Or six.

    --

    .: Paul Hosking . phoskingat_private
    .: InfoSec      . 408.829.9402

    .: PGP KeyID: 0x42F93AE9
    .: 7B86 4F79 E496 2775 7945  FA81 8D94 196D 42F9 3AE9