Job openings at eEye Digital Security

From: Marc Maiffret (marcat_private)
Date: Thu Aug 15 2002 - 16:49:51 PDT

    Hello,

    We are currently looking for software engineers, who have a security
    background, to join eEye's Retina (Network Security Scanner) product
    development team.

    Security Software Engineer
    --------------------------
    You should have a good understanding of network programming (winsock/ndis),
    software/network vulnerabilities, and reverse engineering. You should be
    proficient in C or C++ (preferably C) and ASM is a plus. There are obviously
    more technical requirements than that, however if you understand what makes
    a security scanner tick you will know if you have the abilities we need, and
    therefore if you should bother emailing us. ;-]

    Vulnerability Check Developer
    -----------------------------
    You will be apart of a team that focus's on creating vulnerability checks,
    and maintaining vulnerability checks within Retina. We have our own
    vulnerability check architecture that does not require much programming
    knowledge. We are looking for someone who is diligent about staying on top
    of the latest vulnerabilities and security research in an effort to maintain
    Retina to stay on the cutting edge of vulnerability scanning. You also must
    be patient and have a good ability to solve problems.

    About eEye
    ----------
    >From our about page... :-]
    "eEye Digital Security provides enterprise security software that
    proactively protects networks from intrusion.
    Founded in 1998, eEye's integrated family of security solutions has already
    empowered thousands of IT administrators and security professionals to
    confidently safeguard their valuable digital assets. Working in conjunction
    with popular tools such as firewalls and intrusion detection systems, eEye's
    products include: Retina® Network Security Scanner, SecureIIS™ Application
    Firewall, Iris™ Network Traffic Analyzer, Blink™ Intrusion Prevention
    System, and REM™ - Remote Enterprise Management. eEye is a strategic
    supplier to businesses, government agencies, and educational institutions
    via direct sales, IT resellers, and select distributors. In addition to its
    US research and development headquarters, eEye maintains offices in
    Switzerland, UK, France and Spain as well as distribution in Japan."

    We are a fast growing company and very stable. We have over 60 employees
    with staff in 5 countries around the world. We are profitable and are a
    leader in vulnerability scanning and research. Our head quarters are in
    Aliso Viejo, California, which is located about an hour south of Los
    Angeles. Both positions would require relocation to our Aliso Viejo office.
    Depending on how impressed we are by you, relocation fees will be covered.

    eEye is a great place to work. You will be working side by side with some of
    the brightest people in the industry and a management team that definitely
    keeps a family atmosphere present. That being said, we are looking for
    people who are up for hard technical challenges and have a true passion for
    security and software development. We do not want someone wishing to just
    add another security company to their resume.

    Head hunters do not bother emailing me.

    Signed,
    Marc Maiffret
    Chief Hacking Officer