Threat/Incident Analyst Positions Open for DeepSight TMS

From: Alfred Huger (alfred_hugerat_private)
Date: Wed Sep 04 2002 - 12:22:40 PDT

    Symantec is currently looking for a Threat Analyst for its DeepSight TMS
    Analyst Team. You can learn more about this system here:

    http://enterprisesecurity.symantec.com/products/products.cfm?ProductID=158

    Skills required:

            - Expertise with SoftICE & IDA Pro (or similar tools).
            - Programming ability in C & C++, targeting both the Unix and
              Windows platforms
            - Strong report writing skills and ability to interface with
              customers.
    -     Working to strong knowledge of IDS & Firewall operations and
    deployment.

    Additional skills preferred:

           - Working knowledge of computer viruses, worms, and trojans
              propagation techniques
       -Working knowledge of honeypots.
       -GIAC Certification.

    Personal Skills Required:

    Any applicant must be able to work in a team environment and deal with
    very tight deliverables. An outgoing pleasant personality is an absolute
    requirement. No rockstars, no primadonas.

    These positions require the staff members to be located in Calgary,
    Alberta, Canada. *We are not currently accepting candidates outside of
    Canada*.
    Relocation assistance is possible from within Canada.
    Skills will require verification by the way of an actual practical test
    before an in-person interview is secured.

    Please respond directly to me if you are interested.