Seeking an Intrusion Detection/Deception position.

From: Vinay A. Mahadik (VAMahadikat_private)
Date: Thu Sep 05 2002 - 15:09:26 PDT

    Hi,

    I am keen on exploring research and development opportunities in the
    field of network security. Here's a link to my resume :
    http://www4.ncsu.edu/~vamahadi/resume.doc

    Key areas, that I would be highly thrilled to pursue are:
    - Intrusion Detection technologies,
    - Deception/Honeypot systems, &/or
    - Active network infrastructure protection by monitoring IDSs &
    firewalls, incident response, and forensics.

    Presently, I have a strong familiarity with Intrusion Detection (Snort,
    Bro, NIDES) systems on both an operational as well as developmental
    level (engine & signatures/policies). More importantly, I bring along a
    few years of academic research with skills and focused
    principles/beliefs in uncertainty/deception, practical formalism,
    creative heuristics, Bayesian inference, probabilistic deterrence etc. I
    believe this right combination of academic formalism and hands-on
    practical exposure is my strongest trait, and that this would help me
    develop practically useful security solutions in the coming years.

    I am available for work for a full-time position from September 18th,
    2002. A F1-EAD status allows me to work for a year, though I would
    strongly prefer a H1B sponsorship. I do not qualify for a TS/SCI
    security clearance. Willing to relocate.

    Do let me know if my profile interests you. I can be reached at
    510-495-2618 (work) or 510-573-2884 (home) or by email. I would love to
    discuss any matching position with you.

    Thanks,
    Vinay.

    --