While my newfound career at Home Depot is deeply fulfilling.....(resume posted)

From: Lisa M. Beatty (lbeattyat_private)
Date: Wed Oct 02 2002 - 20:17:17 PDT

    I am interested in returning to the field of network security. As it has been
    a couple of years since I have been in this field, I am open to exploring
    junior to midlevel positions. Anywhere on the east coast is acceptable, as is
    Texas. My technical resume follows (I had a stint as a Data Network Account
    Executive for AT&T after the last truly technical position, during which time
    I found that being a salesperson, while financially rewarding, was not the
    best match for my particular shade of parachute.):

    LISA M. BEATTY]
    Herndon, Virginia
    lbeattyat_private

    PROFESSIONAL PROFILE
    * Two years experience as a network security professional in a dynamic Network
    Operations Center environment.
    * Demonstrated capability to work well both as a team player and a leader,
    with outstanding customer service and organizational skills.
    * Polished written and oral communications skills; professional demeanor in
    representing company.

    Applications:
    Check Point Firewall-1 and Provider-1, Axent Raptor, MS Office, Stonebeat,
    Steel Belted Radius, SecurID, WebSense, WebNOT, Cisco NetRanger, Network
    Alchemy, Remedy, HP OpenView
    Operating Systems:
    UNIX (Solaris), Windows NT
    Languages:
    PERL, C, IBM Basic Assembly Language
    Networking:
    TCP/IP, IPSec, Frame Relay, ATM, Ethernet, Token Ring

    RELEVANT EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
    Intira, Pleasanton, CA      2/2000-8/2000
    NETWORK SECURITY ENGINEER
    * Worked in Network Operations Center (NOC) providing firewall, VPN, and IDS
    services for web hosting customer networks and internal networks.
    * Administered Firewall-1 on Solaris and Nokia platforms: rule base
    administration and policy auditing, log file and traffic analysis, SecuRemote
    configuration and troubleshooting, and initial implementation of Solaris
    operating system and Firewall-1.
    * Administered Cisco NetRanger IDS and Network Alchemy VPN.
    * Defined, documented, and implemented operational procedures.

    Sprint, Reston, VA          	7/1998-1/2000
    NETWORK SECURITY ANALYST
    * Worked in Internet Security Operations Center (ISOC) providing firewall
    administration and authentication services for over three hundred internal and
    external clients.
    * Administered Firewall-1 on Solaris and NT platforms: routing configuration,
    NAT (network address translation), rule base administration and policy
    auditing, log file and traffic analysis, SecuRemote configuration and
    troubleshooting, and content filtering with WebSense.
    * Administered Axent Raptor on Solaris platform: rule base administration,
    RaptorMobile configuration and troubleshooting and content filtering with
    WebNOT.
    * Acted as Certificate Authority for Entrust X.509 digital certificates:
    implemented improved process flow for certificate administration, including
    creation of PERL scripts to automate the issuance of certificates, saving an
    average of fifty man-hours per month, and provided training and technical
    documentation for certificate end users and Registration Authorities.
    * Administered SecurID database of over fifteen hundred users: implemented
    improved process flow for token issuance, troubleshot authentication issues
    with users, provided training and technical documentation for end-users, and
    ensured smooth transition during periods of mass token expiration.
    * Tracked client issues using Remedy-based trouble ticket system.
    * Used HP OpenView to monitor the health and connectivity status of all client
    security devices.
    * Trained new associates in troubleshooting techniques and firewall
    administration.
                                                      SPRINT, Reston, VA
    7/1997-7/1998
     CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
    * Exceeded revenue retention and aging standards on base of over sixty
    customers, which billed more than $800,000 per month, and consistently
    maintained high level of customer satisfaction by providing clear
    interpretation of invoice format and prompt follow-through on billing
    discrepancies.
    * Received top rating of "excellent" in customer satisfaction surveys by over
    90% of customers and was regularly given verbal and written commendations from
    customers.
    * Participated as mentor for New Hire Program.
    * Interacted on site with clients as member of account team.

    EDUCATION AND TRAINING

    Midwestern State University, Wichita Falls, TX - pursued BS in Mathematics
    with Computer Science Minor, including 36 semester hours of math courses and
    24 semester hours of computer science courses.

    Additional training: Solaris System Administration II September 1999
                         Nortel Contivity (Virtual Private Networking) October
    1999
                         Introduction to Firewall-1 and Advanced Firewall-1 March
    2000
                         TCP/IP April 2000

    Certification: Check Point Certified Systems Administrator (CCSA) April 2001