consultant with too much time

From: Jeffrey F. Lawhorn (jefflat_private)
Date: Fri Oct 11 2002 - 12:56:44 PDT

    To: securityjobsat_private
    Subject: consultant with too much time
    Cc: jefflat_private

    Hello everyone,

    Due to the down turn in the economy, and my next to non existent sales skills,
    I find myself once again with too much time on my hands, and not enough work
    to fill it all.

    I've been in the consulting game for over 8 years, with the last 5 or so
    focusing on network security with and emphasis on intrusion detection, and
    forensics of Unix (Linux, Sun) systems.

    In the last few years I've done work for companies such as Qualcomm and
    NetZero, along with numerous small mom and pop shops.  I have close ties with
    the law enforcement community in my area, and have given training classes to
    the San Diego Chapter of the High Tech Crime Investigation Association.

    While at Qualcomm, I helped create a Security Team, and took it from just
    myself to full time staff of 7.  During this process I recommended the types
    of technical skills each of the people would need, assisted with interviewing
    potential staff members, and helped train the successful candidates.  I was
    also responsible for designing and implementing the intrusion detection
    architecture that was deployed.

    My primary interest is in creating intrusion detection infrastructures and
    training the permanent staff to monitor and maintain it.  But I will consider
    most any work in the IT Security arena.

    So if any of this sounds interesting to you, you can view my full resume at
    http://www.wanet.net/jeffl/resume/  You can also view the slides from some of
    my presentations at http://www.wanet.net/jeffl/presentations/

    jeffl

    - --
    Jeffrey F. Lawhorn                       |Internet Security Consulting
    Software Design Associates, Inc.         |IDS Installation/Monitoring
    jefflat_private       858-679-5900 voice |Firewall Installation/Monitoring
    http://www.wanet.net/ 858-679-2327 fax   |