Network Security Engineer - Boston North - KCMO relocation

From: cdowns (cdownsat_private)
Date: Mon Nov 11 2002 - 06:14:41 PST

    Good Morning,
    I would like to submit my resume to the list as I am curently looking
    for one of two things.

    1: Position in the Boston North area
    2: Relocation to Kansas City, Missouri central area.

    I have attached my resume in plain text format below, If you have any
    questions please feel free to contact me anytime with the contact
    information on my resume.

    Sincerely,
    Christopher M Downs

    Christopher M Downs
    202 Beacon Hill Rd. Pembroke NH 03275
    (603)224-1277
    (603)235-9126
    E-Mail: cdownsat_private

    Profile:
    Network Security Engineer with strong background in Networking on Multi
    Platform hybrid Environments. Strong Ability to Pinpoint Network
    Weaknesses as well as Diagnose Severity with Proposed Resolutions.
    Strong interpersonal abilities allow me to contribute to all employee
    environments.

    Employment History:

    Guardent Corp. Providence RI
    http://www.guardent.com
    Senior Security Engineer
    Employed Full Time
    Contact: jonas.hellgrenat_private

    · 2.5 Month Assignment to Implement V.A.S ( Vulnerability Assessment
    Services) Lab. Penetration testing IP block segments.
    · Distributed Scanning, 8 Nessus 1.23 engines running on Solaris 8
    platform. RedHat Linux Firewall IDS Ipsec using tunneled scp retrieval
    of data to corporate location for analazation.
    · Penetration Testing.
    · Harden Unix - NT systems against Remote and Console attacks.

    Skillsoft Corporation, Nashua NH
    http://www.skillsoft.com
    6-18-00 to Present
    Employed Full Time
    Contact: cmcnamaraat_private

    · Network Security Administrator responsible for Nashua NH Headquarters
    as well as 3 remote locations. Belfast Ireland, Sydney Australia, London
    England.
    · VPN site-to-site with Cisco GRE tunneling, Linux Ipsec FreeS/WAN WAN
    Firewalled environments.
    · Penetration Testing off site to ensure network validity.
    · NIDS to all incoming traffic zones ( trusted and untrusted ).
    · Internal LAN auditing using Nessus and scripted Hfnetchk patch level
    report auditing.
    · Debian Linux Iptables High Availability fail over firewalls.
    Configuration and daily monitoring.
    · Oday perl scripting for remote and internal auditing for specific
    Vulnerabilities.
    · Snort IDS custom rule writing with tcpdump payload analazation.
    · Wireless 802.11a-b auditing, Sniffing WEP 128 bit key cracking and
    Wireless mac spoofing AP hijacking.

    Franklin Pierce Law Center, Concord NH
    http://www.fplc.edu
    2nd Network administrator
    Employed Full Time
    7-2-99 - 6-16-00
    Contact: mgosselinat_private

    · Maintain 6 Novell Netware servers, 2 Windows NT servers including
    Terminal server 4.0 Citrix Metaframe with Macintosh- Linux server farm.
    · Remote Citrix application support.
    · Maintain Linux Servers.
    · Network Security Auditing of Internal and External Security.
    · Client support on Multi lingual platformed environments.

    Education and Certifications

    · RHCE Certificate number: 807302827506262
    · CSI member ( Computer Security Institute ) http://www.gocsi.com
    · N.H.T.I Manchester Linux/Unix for business. Sept 1999 4.0 class final
    and class Linux tutor.
    · 1998 N.H.T.I Concord NH Software Engineering. Borland 5.01-5.02 C++
    Windows 95-98 platform development

    Skills

    · Perl Programming.
    · Unix system administration.
    · Network Security Auditing.
    · Penetration Testing.
    · Network Intrusion Detection.
    · Nessus NASL script writing.
    · Unix and NT Networking.
    · VPN configuration and Support.
    · Webserver ( Apache - IIS ) Log Auditing.
    · Intrusion Signatures and Data Analysis.

    Special Notes

    I am the author of LDAP_Brute.pl which is currently posted on
    http://packetstormsecurity.com in the Crackers section.

    This piece of code Brute forces remote Manager account and
    dumps all users and passwords from database in SHA_Base64 format for import
    to `john the ripperī Password Cracker.

    Link: http://packetstorm.decepticons.org/filedesc/LDAP_Brute.pl.html

    Salary Negotiable.