RE: What is a reasonable cut that a contracting company should ta ke?

From: Brett Camet (bcametat_private)
Date: Tue Dec 17 2002 - 12:14:52 PST

    I'd like to address this issue as well.  What does it matter what the
    company you work for is billing to the client.  That is betweeen the company
    and client.  The fact that it's a business and there's a profit to be made,
    doesn't mean the profit needs to be shared.  You should get paid based on
    your experience and what the marketplace is paying someone for your similar
    experience.  The fact the company you work for did a good job at getting the
    client to pay a certain amount is really none of your concern.  If you ran a
    business you'd realize that there is a cost for that company to do busines,
    so they are not making what you think they are even making off of you.  If
    you want the full amount, then go try and start your own business and bill
    yourself out at whatever you want.  Oh by the way, while you're working,
    who's out there marketing and building business so you have somewhere to go
    when the conract is up for your new company?

    Brett Camet
    Division Manager
    Diamond Data Systems, Inc.
    http://www.diamonddata.com
    5732 Salmen Street
    New Orleans, LA 70123
    (504) 729-9100 ext. 114
    fax (504) 729-9101
    IT's second nature to us.

    "Never bad mouth your competitors, co-workers, nor superiors unless there
    exists a need to publicize one's lack of self-esteem and/or the desire to
    gain un-earned & short lived respect from others."