Re: (pointless?) overflow in tftp.exe (Was: Re: twlc advisory: possible overflow in ms ftp client)

From: Robert Freeman (freem100at_private)
Date: Sat Nov 04 2000 - 03:57:48 PST

    From my experience, without an active monitoring agent, any process may
    request a legal system reboot. A more efficient method would be to use
    malicious code to reboot, blue screen, or black screen (yes, black screen!).
    I haven't continued virii-esque development past NT4 SP6, but I imagine the
    techniques would still work as well as pass right through any monitoring
    agent. I have a lot of free time these days so I might see what I can cook
    up for 2000/XP.

    regards.