Re: Hijack IP Address using cable modem

From: Michael R. Rudel (mrrat_private)
Date: Tue May 01 2001 - 09:35:08 PDT

    Some set top boxen do have IP addresses. I have the schmatics and
    developer documents for the Motorola digital cable box, and it has an
    option for an IP addres. My cable company (Charter) does not have it
    turned on, and if they did, I suspect they would put it on a seperate
    network than the Internet.

    Michael R. Rudel * 734.417.4859 *  mrrat_private
    AOL AIM: ATSTheory * Cell e-mail: pageat_private
    Student Tech., Pinckney Community Schools
    Principal Engineer, Michael R. Rudel Consulting
    Authorized Representative, Charter Communications