Re: How I turned my cable modem into a sniffer

From: Rajkumar S. (listuserat_private)
Date: Tue May 01 2001 - 07:10:58 PDT

    On Tue, 1 May 2001, Justin Ellison wrote:

    > snmpset 10.20.0.19 private
    > ifMIB.ifMIBObjects.ifXTable.ifXEntry.ifPromiscuousMode.2 i 1

    failed with a SB3100 modem. I am an absolute novice with SNMP. So Pl point
    out any obvious errors

    swathi:~# snmpset  10.1.15.42 private
    ifMIB.ifMIBObjects.ifXTable.ifXEntry.ifPromiscuousMode.2 i 1
    Error in packet.
    Reason: (noSuchName) There is no such variable name in this MIB.
    Failed object: ifMIB.ifMIBObjects.ifXTable.ifXEntry.ifPromiscuousMode.2

    I have verified that such an MIB exists

    raj