Bug in Outlook Express 5.5

From: R. van Buren (rvanburenat_private)
Date: Sun May 06 2001 - 15:36:12 PDT

    Hi all,

    I just found a little bug in MS Outlook Express version 5.5 (probably works
    on 5.0 aswell) : If a message with a lot of "."'s in the subject is opened
    or viewed (by single clicking it so it appears in the preview-pane) the
    program will crash. I verified this just on Windows 2000 Professional
    release and sp1. I don't know if this is exploitable, but well, it's nice
    to know :-)

    kind regards,

    Ruud van Buren