Re: ATM PVC as security barrier

From: Vachon, Scott (Scott.Vachonat_private)
Date: Thu May 10 2001 - 03:44:03 PDT

    > I am proposing that a VPN
    >can protect a corporate network from the insecure Internet traffic confined
    >within the VPN. Is this a valid assumption? Note: both ends of the VPN
    >terminate at a firewall that we control. Comments?

    You have the better solution than the engineers. I have seen similar designs
    implemented with VPN and utilizing Checkpoint Firewalls and Secure IDs. I do
    believe these have better functionality and security than the alternative
    suggested to you.

    ~S~

    "Any comments or statements made are not necessarily those of the firm, its
    subsidiaries or affiliates"