Re: Win9x netbios pass verif. exploit for unix

From: H D Moore (hdmat_private)
Date: Wed Jul 04 2001 - 13:37:08 PDT

    Something I noticed when using the modified samba client (i couldnt find the
    patch and had to rewrite it from memory) is that you can send a 0 length
    password and still gain access (1 byte value = null), there is no need to
    cycle through the first byte's ascii set unless you want to recover the
    password.