dip3.7.7p overflow still not patched on SuSE 7.0 ?

From: sebi hegi (hegenbartat_private)
Date: Fri Jul 06 2001 - 16:11:03 PDT

    Hi!
    After doing a suid check on my SuSE linux 7.0 x86 i found something
    interesting:

    hegi@faust:~ > ls -la /usr/sbin/dip
    -rwsr-xr--   1 root     dialout     62056 Jul 29  2000 /usr/sbin/dip

    DIP: Dialup IP Protocol Driver version 3.3.7p-uri (25 Dec 96)
    Written by Fred N. van Kempen, MicroWalt Corporation.

    I considered this as a sort of old version and did some searching and found
    something on insecure.org.