Re: List Site Pro, an intresting number of site "hacks"

From: Michel Arboi (arboiat_private)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 23:14:18 PDT

     --- Siberian <siberian@sentry-labs.com> a écrit :
    > the file modified was lspro_list_header.txt I think, which
    > permissions were set to 666. Are they using a simple put to
    > modify? Is put supported by any webserver by default?

    Yes it is, by IIS (is this really a surprise? :)
    If your permissions are wrong, it will accept "anonymous" PUT, without
    a password.
    As far as I know, there is no simple way to disable the PUT or DELETE
    method in IIS. In Apache, they are disabled by default and you have to
    uncomment a couple of lines scattered in the configuration file if you
    really want to shoot you in the foot.

    > Here is the vendor URL:
    > http://www.listsitepro.com/

    What am I supposed to find here?