Re: multi-OS infections (Multi OS shellcode)

From: corecode (corecodeat_private)
Date: Wed Jul 25 2001 - 05:48:38 PDT

    multi os/multi arch shellcode is just one way (a nice one, though)

    another way for a multi os/multi arch worm would be:
    - containing code for each os (or having the possibility to get the needed
    code via network connections etc)
    - fingerprinting the target system (udp, icmp, tcp)
    - injecting the right code

    in combination with c sourcecode (almost every unix has a "cc") and/or
    shellcode, perl a versatile worm can be created.

    further reading at:
    http://lcamtuf.na.export.pl/worm.txt
    (as it's slow you might to try google's cache:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:lcamtuf.na.export.pl/worm.txt )

    cheerz
       corecode

    At 07:27 PM 7/24/2001, Riley Hassell wrote:

    >With all the talk on multi OS shellcode and the possibility of
    >cross-platform worm infections I'd like to share a little research I've been
    >doing.
    >
    >-Riley #2 ;)
    >

    >[     Multi OS Shellcode on common architecture    ]
    >
    >Multi OS shellcode is very possible, I don't want to write the manual here
    >but here's a couple of quick ideas for everyone to ponder...

    <snip>