Re[2]: IE troubles with image files

From: Hackemate.com.ar (hackemateat_private)
Date: Tue Aug 07 2001 - 18:36:00 PDT

    yeah, as i see in yopur text tests , i was right about IE and its
    relation with extensions in my first advice posted here, as we can see,
    IE doesnt check the type of
    file by its extension, it does it vbyb the source code of the file.
    This is very dangerous, cos you can make IE execute HTML, VBsripts or
    other types of data with malicisious content or code. I dont know if
    microsoft is aware of this, anyway i will keep investigating this and
    then report them.

    Does anyone have the table of first code content depending on teh tipe
    of files?

    Greets for all

    KerozenE 1999-2001 c0oL!
    ICQ: 78480975
    *********************************
    Webmaster de www.hackemate.com.ar
    hackemateat_private
    *********************************
    Moderador de HACKEMATE ML
    http://www.eListas.net/lista/hackemate/alta
    hackemate-altaat_private
    Editor Del EZine HC&KTM Mensual:HPVCC y todo el Under de la Net
    http://www.hackemate.com.ar
    hackemate-altaat_private
    IRC.elsitio.com port:6667 #hackemate