RE: Wireless Lans give EVERYONE ACCESS

From: dgillettat_private
Date: Mon Aug 13 2001 - 16:14:12 PDT

      VPN makes it possible to assure yourself that only legitimate users
    are coming in through your wireless network to reach your trusted
    servers, etc.

      However, it seems likely to me that a hostile operative could,
    without successfully authenticating to the VPN, still swamp your
    wireless access points with traffic.  Paradoxically, this DoS attack
    may actually require the attacker to be physically nearby....

    David Gillett