RE: Cell phone access to email

From: John Thornton (jthorntonat_private)
Date: Wed Aug 22 2001 - 06:23:18 PDT

        It is probably filtering connections to port 110 of the exchange
    server. I would assume that when the phone goes online it has a ip
    address that is just part of a subnet that is allowed to connect
    to the exchange server though the firewall. Either that or when the
    phone goes online it is being routed though a machine that exists
    behind the firewall.

        Most likely its the latter of the two. I'm sure that if you could
    snag the phone's ip address it could be DoS with attacks such as
    land, jolt, nestea, ping of death, and those types of attacks so
    they would want to have the phones protected behind a firewall.

    John Thornton  -  jthorntonat_private
    Editor in Chief
    Hackers Digest -  www.hackersdigest.com

    John Thornton  -  jthorntonat_private
    Editor in Chief
    Hackers Digest -  www.hackersdigest.com

    H   A   C   K   E   R   '   S       D   I   G   E   S   T
    #1 for propeller heads
    www.hackersdigest.com