RE: Cell phone access to email

From: David B. Harrison (hdavid11580at_private)
Date: Sun Aug 26 2001 - 18:20:56 PDT

    Now that I have been on site and got a good look at this I can give out
    some more info.  First the systems is something new Qwest is offering to
    customers.  They install a small client on their Email server this gets
    past the password and forwards all email back to a qwest storage client
    waiting for the Cell phone to register.  This is where the problem comes
    in, any phone on the system that knows the server/domain can register and
    re-register with different clients names and gets their email to the phone.
     The Authentication is just that you know the server/domain name and select
    a username.  Giving access to any one in the company's email.
    My customer turned the phones back in after we found out how it worked.
    Dave H