RE: Micro$oft wants to dominate the world!??

From: Dave Dudley (ddudleyat_private)
Date: Mon Aug 27 2001 - 06:45:39 PDT

    Not sure about in IE 5.x, but in 6 you can go to Internet Options, Advanced,
    and almost at the very bottom is "Search from the Address bar".  You can
    change this to be "Do not search from the Address bar".  I, too, was alarmed
    when IE suggested other sites I should visit instead of showing me a real
    error message.

    dave