How to compile CRclean

From: Markus Kern (markus-kernat_private)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 10:11:46 PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I've been asked by several people to provide help on how to compile
    CRclean. For obvious reasons I won't provide detailed instructions
    let alone a makefile as some people requested.

    To build CRclean you first have to assemble CRclean.asm.
    Then copy the produced bytecode into CRClean.c.
    Compiling and linking CRclean.c should yield CRclean.dll.

    Keep in mind though that CRclean is a worm and not a cleanup tool for
    administrators. You can use Microsoft's tool at
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/itsolutions/security/tools/redfix.asp
    to remove the CodeRed II backdoors.

    I strongly recommend formating any box infected with Code Red II and
    reinstalling it from scratch.

    regards,
    Markus Kern