Re: CodeGreen beta release (idq-patcher/antiCodeRed/etc.)

From: Emre Yildirim (emreat_private)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 19:43:27 PDT

    .MetsyS. wrote:

    > 1. Code red machines are screaming YOU CAN OWN ME.
    > 2. Passive infection reduces bandwidth.
    > 3. Worm should be open source.
    > 4. Worm should send a message to admin.
    > 5. I would format and re-install my O/S anyway, seeings as anyone could
    > have added more sneaky things to it.
    > 6. The box can be owned by anyone and have anything done to it, personally
    > i'd be thankfull if a worm came and stopped my info leaking onto the net.

    Okay I may be wrong on this, but I read somewhere that the FBI is
    actually trying to contact the owners of 6000 computers to inform them
    that they have been infected.  Wouldn't this kind of "good worm" screw
    that up?  And I can't believe after all this media hype and after all
    these advisories and discussions, that there are still some people out
    there that aren't aware that their system is infected.  But I'm sure it
    will get better...even NT admins run windozeupdate from time to time,
    which I heard patches the bug.  Just my $0.02 :-D

    --
    Emre Yildirim <emreat_private>
    GPG KeyID 0xF9E4A1D1 (keyserver.pgp.com)