Re: coding (was: Re: CodeGreen beta release (idq-patcher/antiCodeRed/etc.)

From: sa7ori (sa7oriat_private)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 17:37:32 PDT

    There needs to be a clear understanding of the inherent responsibility
    envolved with releasing code. I justify it by thinking of it as a artistic
    work or piece of literature...if the topic is controversial, the
    author/artist must understand the risk and responsibility envolved with
    sharing it with others. There is absolutely nothing wrong (morally) with
    the creation of "malicious" code. But if it was written without malice,
    then the author must understand that releasing it will facilitate those
    who are driven by other nefarious motivations. It is a fun project to
    build a black powder rifle or "potato gun" but there is something
    twisted about distributing them to neighborhood children.