Re: Telnetd exploit for solaris

From: fintler (thefintlerat_private)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 20:31:40 PDT

    I'm sorry for posting off topic. I just remembered that this list is all "full disclosure" and
    doesn't believe in lending orgs, who don't have full time admins like yourselves, some time to get
    systems patched before all the script kiddies get their daily exploit. What's wrong with just
    giving a detailed explanation that aids in how to fix the problem in detail compared to something
    that can just be compiled straight off the list. If he's researching exploits, why not look at the
    millions of them already released in the past, what's so special about this one?

    -fintler <fintlerat_private>