Re: NIMDA Removal

From: Johannes Verelst (johannesat_private)
Date: Wed Sep 19 2001 - 10:04:42 PDT

    On Wed, 19 Sep 2001, Isherwood Jeff C Contr AFRL/IFOSS wrote:
    > Now that everyone has had a chance to look at it (I'm sure many folks
    > captured live copies of this bugger).

    You say the following in your advisory:

    Search for file types above containing readme.eml, but pay close
    attention to the following default file names:
                    index.html
                    index.htm

    On our systems (web development machines with hundreds of HTML/ASP pages)
    all the files were infected, so EDIT ALL YOUR ASP/HTML FILES!!!!!

    Yes, I must stress this once again:

    EDIT ALL YOUR ASP/HTML FILES!!!!!

    You can use the MicroSoft 'find' function to find all files that have the
    string 'readme.eml' in them to find all infected HTML/ASP files.

    Kind regards,

    Johannes Verelst