Re: weird Windows 2000/XP bug

From: surya (suryaat_private)
Date: Wed Oct 31 2001 - 19:48:29 PST

    HI,
        The problem is in the cmd.exe, it has the debug symbols
    in it and it causes the reboot. remember, for
        dir
        dir
        dir
        f9
        f9
        f9
        f9 .....

    it gives the blue screen with the debug messages.

    Anyway, i have compiled the program in LCC and  gives
    the same result. I think compiler doesnot make much difference.
    Anything that support windows would be producing the same
    results. Old MS-DOS compiler create the executables in the
    DOS Format, but i guess it runs on a separate VM Processor
    under the command prompt of NT. I haven't checked with compiling
    the same program under Turbo C Version 2.0 or 3.X. Can anybody
    please?

    regards,
    surya
    nSecure Software (p) Ltd