Shutting down windows NT remotely (without winnt toolkit)?

From: Lincoln Yeoh (lyeohat_private)
Date: Sun Nov 04 2001 - 18:42:51 PST

    A reboot isn't helpful coz the machines come back up and start scanning the
    whole internet again. And the clueless admins probably won't even notice.

    A proper no data loss shutdown without having to upload a program is
    preferable. I tried shutting down NT 4.0 using cmd.exe, rundll32.exe and
    user32.dll stuff and no luck so far :(.

    With a shutdown the admins should notice and eventually fix things. If they
    don't then the server probably wasn't doing anything useful (just scanning
    the internet :) ) so it might as well be shut down :).

    Any ideas welcome.

    Cheerio,
    Link.