Ellison: Oracle Database is 'Unbreakable'

From: aleph1at_private
Date: Fri Nov 16 2001 - 10:21:19 PST

    http://www.varbusiness.com/components/Nl/Insider/article.asp?ArticleID=31368

    [ snip ]

    Ellison also said hackers and cybercriminals can't break into the database
    because of its enhanced security and stability. He said he was warned not to
    call Oracle 9i unbreakable because it would attract hackers eager to break
    into Oracle databases, but despite increased attacks recently, all attempts
    have failed so far, Ellison said.

    "I'm not inviting hackers, but so far, with more than 1,000 attacks a day,
    we're still running," Ellison said. "Our very first customer was the CIA.
    Our second customer was the National Security Agency."

    [ snip ]

    "What we're proposing is you keep your Microsoft Outlook, we'll make it
    unbreakable," Ellison said. "And unbreakable means you can't break it and
    you can't break in."

    [ snip ]

    More at http://www.oracle.com/features/events/index.html?ljecomdex.html

    Sounds like a challenge to me. I think you can download evaluation copies
    of Oracle products at http://otn.oracle.com/software/content.html

    --
    Elias Levy
    SecurityFocus