Re: Ellison: Oracle Database is 'Unbreakable'

From: Pete Finnigan (peteat_private)
Date: Sat Nov 17 2001 - 11:23:26 PST

    Hi all

    Oracle do seem to be pushing security from every angle and in the UK I
    believe they have recently formed a department to offer security
    services, pentest's and audits, maybe its a publicity stunt to attract
    interest in the security addons and services.:-)

    I do Oracle security audits and pentest's and i have never yet seen an
    oracle database or applications that have been installed securely yet.
    In particular the 9iAS application server has quite a lot of issues that
    can allow access to be gained or privilege escalation to be had.

    Its a pity that Larry is not offering $1,000,000 to break in like they
    did recently for performance challenges.

    just my two penneth,
    cheers
    Pete Finnigan
    www.pentest-limited.com

    In article <20011116112119.B26436at_private>,
    aleph1at_private writes

    --
    Pete Finnigan
    IT Security Consultant