Re: New bugs discovered!

From: Larry W. Cashdollar (lwcat_private)
Date: Sun Nov 18 2001 - 19:13:31 PST

    I think we are going to find a new era of buffer overflows, not in
    the daemons themselves but the user utilities that they call.  Overflows
    in non-setuid binaries might be worth cataloging if these binaries are
    being called by applications that are listening to a socket.

    This might be a good time to be thinking about what relies on what.