Re: New bugs discovered!

From: Naseer Bhatti (naseerat_private)
Date: Mon Nov 19 2001 - 09:16:56 PST

    It seems to be mostly vulnerable on all gzip versions,

    [naseer@www naseer]$ cat /etc/redhat-release
    Verio Enterprise Linux, based on Redhat Linux 6.x & 7.x

    [naseer@www naseer]$ /bin/gzip `perl -e 'print "A" x 2048'`
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA [...]
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA: File name too long
    Segmentation fault (core dumped)

    Still seems to be dangerous ..