Re: Killing Thread (New bugs discovered!)

From: Claes Nyberg (md0claesat_private)
Date: Mon Nov 19 2001 - 16:08:27 PST

    > uname -a
    SunOS speedy 5.8 Generic sun4m sparc SUNW,SPARCstation-10
    > /bin/gzip -V
    gzip 1.2.4 (18 Aug 93)
    Compilation options:
    DIRENT UTIME STDC_HEADERS HAVE_UNISTD_H
    > /bin/gzip `perl -e 'print "A" x 2048'`
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    File name too long
    Bus error

    Fresh install from their little blue box..
    // Claes Nyberg

    > they're official or not.  A couple of people chimed in that a Solaris
    > box or two gave the segfault, including Solaris 8.  I'd like to see
    > one or two posts on that indicating whether that was from the Sun
    > additional software CD, or from sunfreeware, or self-compiled or what.
    > I.e. if Sun is shipping the bad version, I want that documented.

    Email: md0claesat_private
    Home: http://www.mdstud.chalmers.se/~md0claes/
    Citation :
    The number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected.
    _The UNIX Programmer's Manual_, Second Edition, June, 1972