RE: New Remote Hole found in Berkeley Fingerd!

From: Graeme Fowler (graeme.fowlerat_private)
Date: Wed Nov 21 2001 - 03:40:15 PST

    GOBBLES wrote:

    > We have discovered a remote vulnerability in Berkeley finger, which is
    > somewhat trivial to exploit.  The vendor has been notified

    Urh, right. This is an old hole in a really old script, not a new hole in
    the actual finger daemon itself.

    Simple input validation hole, really. If anyone's still using that old code
    without any modification then, well, enough said I guess. In fact, in this
    day and age if someone still has a publically available finger script,
    then...

    Graeme