Re: Malicious use of grc.com

From: Festive (festiveat_private)
Date: Mon Nov 26 2001 - 20:32:46 PST

    I am normally quiet on the forum - but the recent posts have
    disturbed me.

    As for the original post - we should ALL be aware that if we dangle
    our bits out there, we can not only expose ourselves- but others.

    what happens if a company sues grc.com for malpractice etc due
    to insufficient controls and his site being used in an attack.

    (reality being that any attacker worth his salt would be using
    more sophisticated methods)

    I do believe however for all of the maligning and derision
    directed towards Mr Gibson, that he has (and continues to)
    perform a valuable service to the larger net community
    (ie those not connected to these forums), so surely
    some lattitude must be afforded him.

    The post about him is hardly constructive - and professional
    courtesy should have provided him with an opportunity to
    fix the problem.

    Festive