RE: kernel panic [linux 2.2.19-7] on UDP scan CP4.1-SP5

From: Scott Walker Register (scott.registerat_private)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 09:16:59 PST

    Yanek-
    We have identified a problem with the interaction of VPN-1/FW-1 4.1 and the 3Com 3c90x driver.
    This problem can be fixed by using the newer 3c59x driver (instructions below), or updating your
    version of VPN-1/FW-1.  We have QA'ed extensively and found no problems after either of these solutions.

    For anyone who is affected by this and is not able to use the updated 3Com driver, you may either
    upgrade to VPN-1/FW-1 NG (which is stable even with the older 3com driver) or contact Check Point
    Technical Services for a fix which can be applied to VPN-1/FW-1 4.1 SP5 to correct the problem.  That
    fix will be incorporated in future VPN-1/FW-1 4.1 releases.

    Instructions for using the 3c59x driver:
    	Login as root.
    	Run linuxconf
    	Select Config->Networking -> Client Tasks -> Host name and IP devices.
    	Choose the relevant adapters.
    	Change the "Kernel module" from "3c90x" to "3c59x"
    	Accept the changes.
    	New settings will take effect after networking is restarted.

    -SwR